WHEN: Friday, November 3, 8–11 p.m
WHERE: BMA, 10 Art Museum Drive, Baltimore
TICKETS: $25 general admission and $20 for BMA Members and available at https://artbma.org/events/2017-03-11.aah.
When the gallery lights go down, the party lights come up for Art After Hours. Enjoy a fun art-filled evening for ages 21 and over at the Baltimore Museum of Art’s next Art After Hours. Get inspired by the art in four amazing exhibitions: iridescent spheres and spider webs in Tomás Saraceno: Entangled Orbits; colorful, swirling collages in Spiral Play: Loving in the ‘80s; digitally produced textiles and sculptures in Annet Couwenberg: From Digital to Damask; and the intense, immersive environment of Phaan Howng: The Succession of Nature. This popular event includes DJ, light refreshments, and a cash bar.
Admission to Art After Hours includes evening access to the galleries, entertainment, and a free ticket for food or drink—plus opportunities for guests to collaborate with others and/or create their own mini-masterpieces to take home.
- Build a giant inflatable futurist sculpture with architecture students from MICA and Morgan State University
- Make a wearable rope spiral with Clare Nichols
- Watch a performance by Baltimore-based artist Phaan Howng in the immersive environment she created with unnatural colors inspired by toxic waste
- Chat with artist Annet Couwenberg about her new work inspired by the biology of fish and her passion for digital and traditional fabrication processes
- Browse a carnivorous plant demo and sale with Mid Atlantic Carnivorous Plant Society
- Make a miniature laser-cut sculpture with Open Works Baltimore
- Enjoy music by DJ Dubble8 and drinks and light bites by CitySeeds