Music & Lyrics by Robert Lopez and Jeff Marx
Book by Jeff Whitty
Directed by Eric C. Stein
Music Direction: Stephen M. Deininger
Choreographer: Angela Stein
WHERE: Vagabond Theatre, 806 S. Broadway in Fell's Point
WHEN: Saturday, July 23rd at 10am and Monday, July 25th, 2016 at 7pm. Callbacks: Tuesday, July 26th (if needed)
Performance Dates: October 21–November 20, 2016. Fridays and Saturdays at 8pm, Sundays at 2pm, and Thursday, November 17th at 8pm.
Rehearsals Begin: Week of August 22, 2016,and will be held four to five times a week in some combination of Sunday through Thursday.
All roles are non-equity, non-paid. Due to the adult themes in Avenue Q, auditioners must be 18 years of age or older.
Headshots & resumes are not required, but are gladly accepted. No appointments are necessary.
Auditioners are asked to prepare the following:
- Two selections of 16-32 bars of music, one for your audition piece and one for a back-up in case more is needed.
- An accompanist will be available, as will a CD player with an auxiliary (headphone cable) plug-in if you choose to bring a backing track.
- Please bring vocal selections that showcase your range and personality, but most of all your personality.
- In addition, you will be asked to perform your piece as a character(s) from the show.
- No monologues are necessary. Readings will be done from the script.
- Please come prepared to move.
Character breakdown: Age ranges are for the look (Humans) and vocal quality (Puppets) of the character, not necessarily the age of the actor. Actors auditioning need to be able to convincingly portray that age range.
- BRIAN (male): A laid-back guy engaged to Christmas Eve. He wants to be a stand-up comic. Early to mid 30s.
- CHRISTMAS EVE (female/ Asian): Engaged to Brian, she's a therapist who moved to Avenue Q from Japan. Mid 20s to Mid 30s.
- GARY COLEMAN (female/male/African American): Yes, that Gary Coleman. He is now a superintendent of a building on Avenue Q. Mid 20s to Mid 30s.
The Puppets (all roles may be combined with the exception of Princeton and Rod):
- PRINCETON (male): A fresh-faced kid just out of college. He's new to Avenue Q. Early to mid 20s.
- KATE MONSTER (female): A Kindergarten teaching assistant with a dream of opening her own school. Mid 20s to early 30s.
- ROD (male): A Republican investment banker who is still in the closet. Mid 20s to early 30s.
- NICKY (male): A bit of a slacker, who lives with Rod. Mid 20s to early 30s.
- TREKKIE MONSTER (male): A monster who lives on Avenue Q, is very obsessed with using the internet for porn! Mid 30s to 40s.
- LUCY (female): A boa-wearing vamp with a dangerous edge. Mid 20s to mid 30s.
- MRS. T (female): Ancient and cranky, she's Kate Monster's boss. Mid 60s to Mid 90s.
- THE BAD IDEA BEARS (one female/one male): Two little bears who come out and convince good people to do bad things - in a snuggly way.
Please email director Eric Stein with any additional questions at email@example.com
The Vagabond Players is an all-volunteer, not-for-profit, non-union Theatre. Actors are not paid. Actors of all ethnicities are welcome.