AS YOU LIKE IT
By William Shakespeare
WHEN: June 13 - July 20, Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays at 8 PM; Sundays at 6 PM (special July 4th performance at 5:00 PM)
WHERE: Patapsco Female Institute Historic Park, 3691 Sarah's Lane, overlooking Historic Ellicott City
TICKETS: $29 - $38 Children 18 and under: FREE (limit two per paying adult, by reservation)
Group Rates available for 10 or more adults. Please call 410-313-8661 for more information.
Tables For Two: $30; Picnic Tables: $60
All ticket service fees are included in price
Tickets may be purchased at 410.313.8661 Monday - Friday 10 AM – 2 PM
or CLICK HERE FOR TICKETS
Click here for FAQs about tickets and the event
It's another fun-filled, romantic summer of Shakespeare! You've been coming out to the PFI Historic Park for years to enjoy enchanting evenings of innovative performances of the classics by Chesapeake Shakespeare Company in-the-Ruins. This summer, we are delighted to present As You Like It, Shakespeare's popular comedy of love and mistaken identity.
As You Like It is one of Shakespeare's most charming and wonderful comedies. Folks have relished for centuries the clever pinings of Rosalind and the denizens of the Forest of Arden. All the World's a Stage? Yep, that famous speech comes from this comedy.
Tickets are on sale now, and remember, kids under 19 are admitted free when accompanied by an adult thanks to sponsors M&T Bank and the Community Foundation of Howard County.
- Bring a picnic, your friends or family, a bottle of wine and your enthusiasm for inventive theater to the top of the hill in historic Ellicott City.
- Gates open 90 minutes before show time so you can enjoy the picturesque setting and The Show Before The Show, performed by a variety of artists from around the region.
- Sundays are special family-friendly days with storytelling, dancing on stage, and activities. Children of all ages are welcome.
EVERY FRIDAY NIGHT IS A SPECIAL "EXTENDED VERSION"
Every Friday evening, before the show, CSC presents a special talk. Join us "under the tent" for these special events:
- June 13 Meet the Director, As You Like It's Director Patrick Kilpatrick talks about the play
- June 20 Shakespeare’s Clowns and Jesters, with CSC Founding Artistic Director Ian Gallanar and Clown Teacher Kevin Costa
- June 27 Meet the Actors, ask questions of some of the As You Like It cast
- July 4 Panel Discussion: Shakespeare in America, 4pm with a dramatic reading of the Declaration of Independence
- July 11 Forest of Arden: All about the trees and wildlife growing around us, here in our wooded park.
- July 18 CSC in the City and in Howard County: The Next Chapter
Chesapeake Shakespeare Company-in-the-Ruins has been called the Baltimore area's best outdoor theater and Historic Ellicott City's signature summer event. It's tradition for families throughout the region. Don't miss it. You'll have a wonderful time!