Audrey Herman Spotlighters Theatre seeks faculty, staff, guest instructors and interns for the Summer 2014 Young Actors Academy.
- The July 7-August 1 academy in Bolton Hill will offer two different divisions for upper-school students: Acting and Musical Theatre.
- We will again offer both Lower School I (K-2) and Lower School II (3-5).
- Please submit a cover letter and resume with references to firstname.lastname@example.org, and place the position applying for in the subject line.
- All positions open until filled.
We seek the following positions:
Upper School Acting Division Teacher
Paid position. Plan curriculum and instruct middle/high school students in classical and dramatic acting techniques (Stanislavsky-based), character analysis/development, and methods/style. Full time for four weeks culminating in showcase performance of monologues and scenes from western theatrical cannon. Bachelors degree; Masters preferred.
Upper School Musical Theatre Division Teacher
Paid position. Plan curriculum and instruct middle/high school students in ensemble/choral pieces, vocal technique, stage musical theatre scenes. Candidates should be able to accompany. Full time for four weeks culminating in showcase performance of group numbers and select solos. Bachelors degree; Masters preferred.
Upper School Workshop Instructors
Through both divisions, students will receive specialized instruction in special topics. Candidates are sought for the following:
- Musical Accompanist – Twenty-five hours assisting lead teacher.
- Dance – Fifteen hours in broadway, jazz, modern.
- Music and Voice – Fifteen hours in singing, phrasing, interpretation, music/sight reading.
- Stage Combat – Ten hours in unarmed and rapier.
- Improvisation – Seven hours in games and character creation.
- Movement – Seven hours in techniques and/or mask (neutral/character).
- Make-up – Six hours in basic and character/age.
Lower School I Lead Teacher
Paid Position. Four week-long camps, 9-4 for students kindergarten through second grade. Creative play, theatre vocabulary, crafts, movement, masks, language and song. Bachelors degree.
Lower School II Lead Teacher
Paid position. Four week-long camps, 9-4 for students in third through fifth grades. Ensemble work, stage behavior, beginning playwriting, and masks/crafts. Bachelors degree.
Teaching Assistant Interns (paid stipend) Five positions
Five weeks/July. May fulfill university/college internship requirements. Assist instructors and academy director in curriculum. Seeking those with a focus in the following areas: Theatre for Youth, Musical Theatre/Dance, Technical, Acting/Dramatic Literature, Arts Administration.