- JUST ANNOUNCED: Olney Theatre Center receives 7 Helen Hayes Awards Nominations for its 2013 Season!
- NOW PLAYING: How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying. CLICK HERE TO PURCHASE TICKETS
- THIS SATURDAY: Join Artistic Director Jason Loewith and Associate Artistic Director Chris Youstra for a discussion on Musicals of the "Mad Men" Era. CLICK HERE TO LEARN MORE
- NEXT WEEKEND: Olney Theatre Center is happy to bring Children's Theatre to the Historic Stage with Adventure Theatre-MTC's Five Little Monkeys. CLICK HERE TO PURCHASE TICKETS
- ONE NIGHT ONLY: Don't miss your chance to see George Dvorsky and Sherri L. Edelen in the musical revue The Great American Songbook. CLICK HERE TO PURCHASE TICKETS
- SPRING BREAK CLASSES!: Olney Theatre Center Associate Artistic Director Jason King Jones announces Spring Break Classes for grades 6-10!
SPOTLIGHT: SIR IAN McKELLEN
Sir Ian McKellen is the "Voice of the Book" for the 2014 season opener, How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying. He serves as a sort of "narrator" of the musical. Artistic Director Jason Loewith went to New York to meet Sir Ian for the recording between his performances of No Man's Land and Waiting for Godot on Broadway.
HOW TO SUCCEED IN BUSINESS WITHOUT REALLY TRYING
January 29-February 1
On the Mainstage
The hilarious Tony-winning Best Musical of 1961, HOW TO SUCCEED IN BUSINESS WITHOUT REALLY TRYING kicks off Olney’s 2014 season this weekend! A musical comedy of the “Mad Men” era, follows the rise of J. Pierrepont Finch, who climbs the corporate ladder from window washer to high-powered exec with the help of a little handbook called “How To Succeed In Business Without Really Trying.” Can Finch tackle such potent dangers as the CEO’s nephew, the aggressively compliant “company man,” backstabbing co-workers, caffeine addiction, and multiple inter-office love affairs? (Recommended for ages 10 and up)
MUSICALS IN THE "MAD MEN" ERA
WHEN: Saturday, February 1 at 4 PM
WHERE: On the Mainstage
Join Artistic Director Jason Loewith and Associate Artistic Director and Director of Music Theatre Chris Youstra as they discuss the evolution of the American musical from the Golden Age of the 50s, through the "Mad Men" era, and into the 70s.
TICKETS: $10 for the General Public; FREE for Members
THE GREAT AMERICAN SONGBOOK
WHEN: Friday, February 28 at 8 PM
WHERE: on the Mainstage
Join Broadway veteran George Dvorsky (Annie, The Sound of Music, How To Succeed...) for a lovely evening as he sings from The Great American Songbook. He is joined by Helen Hayes Award-winner Sherri L. Edelen (Signature's Gypsy, Olney Theatre Center's How To Succeed...), as well as Helen Hayes Award-winner Christopher Youstra on piano.
ALL TICKETS: $35
SPRING BREAK CLASSES
When public schools are on Spring Break, bring your children to Olney Theatre Center for an exciting performance-filled week with National Players and Once On This Island! Students will explore acting, stage combat, playwriting, and design while also attending up to three performances. Designed for students in Grades 6-10, these full-day sessions can be reserved by the day or for the whole week, and Family Series Members receive OVER 30% OFF daily and weekly rates. To reserve, contact Education Associate, Dorothy Noel, at NationalPlayers@olneytheatre.org or 301-924-4485 x115.
HELEN HAYES AWARDS NOMINATIONS
Olney Theatre Center received 7 Helen Hayes Awards Nominations for the 2013 Season:
Outstanding Choreography, Resident Musical
Outstanding Ensemble, Resident Musical
Outstanding Lead Actor, Resident Musical
Outstanding Lead Actress, Resident Musical
Outstanding Lead Actress, Visiting Production
Outstanding Resident Musical:
Outstanding Supporting Actress, Resident Musical:
The 30th Annual Helen Hayes Awards will be held on Monday, April 21, 2014