Spotlighters Theatre announces auditions for a new campy vaudeville musical
FIVE COURSE LOVE
by Greg Coffin
directed by Fuzz Roark
musical direction by Michael Tan
Performance dates: Mar 7 - Apr 6, 2014
WHEN: Sunday, Dec 15 - 6-9 PM; Monday, Dec 16 - 7-10 PM
WHERE: Spotlighters Theatre, 817 Saint Paul Street, Baltimore
Five actors, five restaurants, fifteen zany characters! Mix 'em up and you have the ingredients for Five Course Love, a deliciously over-the-top musical comedy about five calamitous dates.
The evening begins at Dean's Old-Fashioned All-American Down-Home Bar-B-Que Texas Eats, where a blind date goes char-broiled wrong. Next, at the Trattoria Pericolo, a mob wife has a secret rendezvous with her lover. At Der Schlupfwinkel Speiseplatz, a VERY interesting three-some is revealed, in a Mexican Cantina, Love and Lust battle for Rosalinda, and finally. . . at Pop's Diner, a mystery date is set!
- 2 women, 25 - 35 y/o, mezzo/soprano
- 3 men, 25 - 35 y/o, tenor. bari-tenor, baritone
- Prepare 24 - 36 bars of contemporary musical, pop or country western that shows vocal and acting ability.
- Bring sheet music, musical director will accompany.
- No a cappella auditions. No music from the show.
- Be prepared to read scenes or improv scenes with other actors.
- Actors will need strong ability to create very distinct characters and switch characters smoothly and quickly.
- No appointments needed.
- Non-Paid / Non-Union