Two great events in honor of Al Ackerman this weekend with local and remote artists of note
WHEN: Friday, June 28, 8:30 PM
WHERE: The Red Room, 425 E. 31st Street, Baltimore
WHEN: Saturday, June 29, 8:00 PM
WHERE: 5th Floor H&H Building, 405 W. Franklin St., Baltimore
Dr. "Blaster" Al Ackerman (C.A.S.F.C.) was one of the greatest absurdist and black humor writers of the 20th century (not to mention being a great, inscrutable visual artist) and one of our very own here in Baltimore. His medium, MAIL ART was one of the least respectable art forms--which entirely suited him. After living in Baltimore (and working at Normals books and Records in Waverly with us) for about 15 years, he passed away from a brain tumor while convalescing with his family in Texas on March 17th, 2013.
The Blasterthon is performances of his works, stories and hommage to this rare bird at The Red Room and The 5th Floor of the H&H Building, 28th and 29th.
This is the second of two nights at The Red Room.
Friday Night at Red Room:
- John Berndt (MC/reading)
- Kate Porter and Megan McShea duo
- tENTATIVELY, a cONVENIENCE (reading)
- E.J. Barnes (reading)
- A play by Stephanie Barber and Lexie Mountain
- tENTATIVELY, a cONVENIENCE “This Will Explain” (video)
Saturday Night at H&H 5th Floor:
- Ric Royer (MC)
- Popeye Sleaze Steele’s “Kant’s Gnawser” video
- Istvan Kantor Monty Cantsin? Amen! (séance)
- Tom Boram on “Puffy Treats”
- Geodesic Gnome performs “Not Ideas about the Gobbling, but The Gobbling Itself”