The Vagabond Players announces the 97th season of “America’s oldest continuous Little Theatre,” a season of contemporary and classic Broadway hits presented in their historic 100-seat theatre. Make your selection(s) and mark your calendar.
WHEN: 8:00 PM Fridays/Saturdays, 2:00 PM Sundays
WHERE: Vagabond Theatre at 806 S. Broadway in Fell’s Point
For more information, subscriptions and reservations visit www.vagabondplayers.org
Vagabond Players 97th Season: 2012-13
- GOLDA’S BALCONY, September 7-30*, by William Gibson. Directed by Miriam Bazensky. In the tension-filled days leading up to the 1973 Yom Kippur War, Prime Minister Golda Meir reflects on her tumultuous life as a Russian immigrant, American school teacher, and political leader faced with the possibility of launching a nuclear attack on Israel's enemies. * There will be special Thursday performances on September 13 and 27 at 8:00pm.
- NEXT TO NORMAL, October 19-November 25, book and lyrics by Brian Yorkey, music by Tom Kitt. Directed by Eric Potter. The most talked-about new show in years, this Pulitzer Prize and Tony Award winning musical pushes Broadway in new directions.
- THE MOUSETRAP, January 4, 2013-February 3. 2013, by Agatha Christie. Directed by Eric C. Stein. In the dead of winter, a suspicious group of travelers is stranded in a remote guest house. Dame Agatha plays a grueling cat-and-mouse game that leaves no alibi unturned, no person safe from blame as the murders start to mount.
- THE CEMETERY CLUB, February 22, 2013-March 24, 2013, by Ivan Menchell. Directed by Roy Hammond. In surmounting the day-to-day emotional hurdles of living without a loved one, three feisty widows quarrel, heal, date again, and cope with further loss in this charming, laughter-filled, bittersweet comedy about life and friendship.
- ROOM SERVICE, April 12, 2013-May 12, 2013, by John Murray and Allen Boretz. Directed by Steve Goldklang. A penniless producer and con artist desperately seeks a financial backer for a Broadway extravaganza that is destined to become a sure-fire hit. The laughs come as fast as the rapid-fire dialogue in this manic backstage farce.
- PRIVATE LIVES, May 31, 2013-June 30, 2013, by Noel Coward. Directed by Sherrionne Brown. Elyot and Amanda, a divorced couple, rekindle their tempestuous relationship while honeymooning on the French Riviera with their new spouses. Noel Coward's sparkling dialogue and rapier wit create one of the sexiest, most sophisticated comedies ever written—funny, gorgeous, and oozing with style.