WHEN: All programs are Mondays through Thursdays, 9 AM to 4 PM daily Tuition includes lunch and a midday snack.
To purchase online using a credit card CLICK HERE
Please complete the Registration Form below and mail or Fax to the theater.
Elementary School program (Grades 3-5*)
WHEN: July 2 - July 19
Final performance: Saturday, July 21 at 2 PM
Middle School program (Grades 6-8*)
WHEN: July 2 - August 3
Final performances: Friday, August 3 @ 7 PM & Saturday, August 4 @ 7 PM
High School program (Grades 9-12*)
WHEN: July 9 - August 9
Final performances: Saturday, August 11 @ 2 PM & Sunday, August 12 @ 7 PM
*Grade indicates the grade a student has most recently completed, not the grade they will enter during the upcoming/following school year
Specific scheduling and performances times subject to adjustments
Friday Workshop series at Young Actors Academy
WHEN: July 13, 20, 27, and August 3; 9:30 AM to 4 PM
TUITION: $35/workshop for Academy students; $50/workshop for non-Academy students
Middle and high school students are eligible for our Friday master class series, with day-long classes such as Acting for Musical Theatre, Puppetry, Acting for Television and Film, and Movement for Actors.
About the Summer Young Actors Academy
The Middle & High School Young Actors Academy focuses on combining Academic & Conservatory methods to provide an intellectual as well as practical approach to acting. Young Actors spend over 130 hours in both class room setting and stage study to understand the methods, techniques and history of acting and theatre as well as other topics such as: Stage Combat, Dance & Movement, Comedy & Improv, Acting for Film & TV, Make-Up Design, Audition Technique, Character Development, Emotional/Relationship Acting. Classes are taught by local theatre professionals including local university staff, and national and international theatre professionals.
The Lower School Young Actors Program is an experience-based approach to acting and theatre, focusing of the FUN-damentals of acting. Children will learn to create drama and story, and develop characters to interpret and explore story telling and acting.
Statements from Parents & Academy Participants
- "The Young Actors Academy is a great way to learn how to be an actor and how to improve your skills as an actor."
- "Throughout the five week program, Lashay has learned and accomplished many techniques that have redefined her theatre acting and stage skills."
- "It was evident that the staff at Spotlighters Young Actors Academy worked diligently in making Spotlighters Young Actors Academy the place where young actors will receive the acting skills and techniques needed to be successful."
- "We were so impressed with The Actors Academy '09. Our son has been to many acting camps and he said that it was the best."
- "I worked with dedicated professionals, students from different back grounds, and learned so much in so many ways."
- "I think perhaps the most important aspect he learned was the value of self discipline. I also think he benefitted from the close association with the staff all of whom were demanding in the very best way."