A Synthesis of Artistic Thoughts: Multicultural Expressions—An Art Exhibition at Eubie Blake National Jazz Institute & Cultural Center
The current art exhibit at Eubie Blake National Jazz Institute & Cultural Center is a collaboration between the center and International Center for Artistic Development. It features work by Camellia Blackwell, Eljay McBride, Van Mai, Matt Fenton, Tommy Roberts, Timothy Handy, Nathaniel Gibbs, Luis Peralta, Jerry Prettyman, Leah Taylor, Karen Gray, Dallin Smith, Kinya Kionoozi and Baba Harry Livingston.
WHEN: until June 30
WHERE: Eubie Blake National Jazz Institute & Cultural Center, 847 North Howard Street, Baltimore
Cuba: Ritual, Resistance and Resilience
By Anthony McKissic
WHEN: Opens with a reception on July 5 from 6-9 PM and runs through July. This event is free and open to the public. Contact Eubie Blake Center for more information.
Summer Student Programming by Eubie Blake Center
Learning is year-round at Eubie Blake Center. This year they welcome the pitter-patter of little feet with Parks & People and Muse360. Both groups have set-up bases here at the center and look forward to an eventful summer. In addition, Eubie Blake Center is available for field trips and workshops. Whether you're a large camp group or a parent looking for an interesting and educational family outing, Eubie Blake Center is ready to accommodate you.
The Summer Learning is supported by Kaiser Foundation and John & Camay Murphy Scholarship Fund.
Please direct all inquiries to the Summer Arts & Education Coordinator, Brittany N. Williams. 410.225.3130 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Eubie Blake Center Welcomes Tricksters & Truth Tellers
New Theatre Group Finds Home at Eubie
Eubie Blake Center recently established a partnership with Tricksters & Truth Tellers in preparation for the group's launch and debut show.
Tricksters & Truth Tellers is a Baltimore-based actors' collective dedicated to producing quality theatre both new and published, contemporary and classical. The group is hosting a Fundraiser and Showcase this Friday, June 29th at 7 PM at Eubie Blake Center. They invite guests to enjoy a light reception, lively performances, and learn more about their August production, Tricksters & Truth Tellers.
For more information or to RSVP please call 410.225.3130 or e-mail T3Theatre@gmail.com
Events for the week of June 25th
- Monday, June 25: Raynfall Dance Studio Summer Youth Dance Program 5 PM. Drop-in rate: $20 per class, For more information: 410.235.0654 / 443-297-9379 www.raynfalldance.org email@example.com
- Ballet & Tap Level A (Age 5-7) 5-6 PM
- Ballet & Modern Level B (Beg/Int) 6-7:30 PM
- Ballet/Pointe & Modern Level C (Int/Adv) 5:30-7:30 PM
- Tuesday, June 26: Karate & Shock Fit Kickboxing 6 PM
- Tuesday, June 26: African Dance 7:30 PM
- Tuesday, June 26: Dance Baltimore 6:30 PM - "Dance Attack" for Artscape "Flash Mob"
- Friday, June 29: BE FREE Friday 7 PM - Baltimore's Liveliest Open Mic, $5 before 8pm / $10 after 8pm Hosted by LOVE the poet
- Friday, June 29: Tricksters & Truth Tellers Fundraiser & Showcase 7 PM - Enjoy a light reception, lively performances, and learn more about Tricksters & Truth Tellers the show. RSVP at T3Theatre@gmail.com or 410-225-3130
- Saturday, June 30: African Dance 3 PM - Children's Class 3pm, Teens' Class 4pm, Adult Class 5pm
- Sunday, July 1: Interpretation Sundays 7 PM - An open mic with a visual twist. $5 before 7:30 PM / $10 after Writing begins at 7 PM, Reading Begins at 8pm
Save the Date
- Thursday, July 5: Cuba: Ritual, Resistance and Resilience Opening Reception 6 PM - Free & Open to the public, Contact Eubie Blake Center for more information.
- Saturday, July 7: Keur Khaleyi African Dance Co. Presents Mansa Bakary 2 7:30 PM - At Shriver Hall Auditorium at Johns Hopkins University, Tickets $20-Adults, $15-Age 14-24 with ID, $10-Age 13 & under, All tickets $5 more at the door. Contact Jihan at 443.250.1985 or KeurKhaleyiAfricanDanceCo@gmail.com for more information
- Wednesday, July 11: Eubie Blake Center's Monthly Jam Session 7:30 PM - Musicians are invited to come share their skills at this monthly open event, Contact Eubie Blake Center for more information.