By Peter Morgan
Directed by Steve Goldklang
WHEN: Sunday, December 4, and Monday, December 5, at 7:30 PM
WHERE: Vagabond Theatre, 806 S Broadway, Baltimore
Performance Dates: April 13 thru May 13, 2012 (Fridays & Saturdays @ 8 PM, Sundays @ 2 PM)
Rehearsals will begin in late February
SYNOPSIS: Can playboy talk show host David Frost, with the nation and world glued to their TV sets, be the one to elicit an apology from the President who committed one of the most notorious felonies in American political history? This recent Broadway smash uncovers the truth.
Please note that this is a non-Equity, not-for-pay production.
The following supporting roles are being cast:
- Jack Brennan: (30’s – 40’s) Nixon’s Chief of Staff, ex-military, arch Conservative, rigid.
- Bob Zelnick: (30’s – late 40’s) likeable, principled journalist; must be able to do funny, credible impersonation of Richard Nixon
- Irving “Swifty” Lazaar: (late 30’s – 50) short stature, fast-talking, aggressive Hollywood agent
- John Birt: (30’s – early 40’s) David Frost’s TV producer, British, articulate
- Caroline Cushing: (late 20’s – 30’s) very attractive, sophisticated, bright, witty
The following walk-on roles provide excellent opportunities for new, less experienced actors:
- Manolo Sanchez: (30’s-60) Nixon’s long-time valet/aide. This actor will also play a TV studio technician.
- Evonne Goolagong: (20’s-30’s) Australian tennis champion in the 1970’s. Will also portray Airline Stewardess, TV studio technician.
Actors will be asked to read selected scenes from the “FROST/NIXON” script.
Contact Steve Goldklang (Director) at email@example.com or 443.799.0850.