Spotlighters Theatre announces auditions for the opening show of their 50th season:
TEA & SYMPATHY
(A Drama in Three Acts)
By Robert Anderson
Directed by Fuzz Roark
Performances (Six weeks): Sept 30, 2011 - Nov 13 (Fri, Sat at 8 PM, Sun at 2 PM)
Rehearsals to begin Monday, August 16, 7 PM
This 1953 ground-breaking drama explores a sensitive young man’s coming of age amid the taunts and suspicions of his classmates and teachers at a private boy’s school. Only a sympathetic act of compassion by the wife of a master gives young Tom the courage to grow into a man. See how a 60-year-old play can still have relevance today as it addresses acceptance of difference and the dangers of and damage from false stereotypes.
- Prepare 2-3 minute monologue.
- Be prepared to read sides from the script with other actors.
- No appointments.
- Please bring conflicts from auditions through close of show.
- Laura Reynolds: mid 20s–early 30s; gentle, compassionate, caring.
- Bill Reynolds: late 30s–early 40s; athletic, rugged, all-American guy.
- Tom Lee: 17; sensitive, long hair, plays guitar, singer, non-athletic.
- Mr. Harris: late 20s–early 30s; handsome, out-going.
- Al: 17; Tom’s roommate, all-star athlete.
- Ralph:17; Tom’s housemate, bully, athlete.
- Steve: 17; Tom’s housemate, athlete.
- Phil:17; Tom’s housemate, athlete.
- Lilly: female, late 30s–mid 50s; fashionable with 5th Ave style.
- Herb Lee: late 30s–early 40s; Tom’s father, classmate of Bill Reynolds; businessman.