The Baltimore Comic-Con is happy to announce the winners of the 3rd annual Costume Contest. The contest took place this past Saturday, August 20, 2011 and saw a myriad of incredible and creative costumes. With approximately 200 entries and costumes ranging from classic super-heroes to video game characters, this was by far the best and most successful contest thus far.
The grand prize winner for Best Over-all Costume, and the recipient of the $1,000 cash prize, was Robert Day for his Optimus Prime costume.
Winners for this year's contest include:
- Best Male Superhero: Wade Brown – MODOK
- Best Male Non-Superhero: Vincent Posbic - Master Chief from HALO
- Best Female Superhero: Lisa Hissinbothan – Storm
- Best Female Non-Superhero: Devin Houser – Joker
- Best Group (majority of member over 13): Jay Buechle & Leigh Alexander - Bengali & Cheetara from ThunderCats
- Best Male Superhero: Michael P. - Two-Face
- Best Male Non-Superhero: Jeffery S. - Link from Legend of Zelda
- Best Female Superhero: Maria H. – Hitgirl
- Best Female Non-Superhero: Ashley L. - Zombie from Jane Austin's Pride and Prejudice and Zombies (tie) & R. Hill - The Corpse Bride
- Best Group (majority of member under 13): RJ, Peter, and Jayden J. - Luke Skywalker and Mandalorians
Special thanks go to everyone who entered the contest and showed their support!
Save the Date! Baltimore Comic-Con 2012!
That's right! Mark your calendars now for next year's Baltimore Comic-Con, which will take place the weekend of September 8-9, 2012, at the Baltimore Convention Center, and we'll see YOU in Baltimore!