2011 Friends and Neighbors Festival:
20 hours with $20
The Strand has selected 7 new plays for inclusion in the 2011 Friends and Neighbors Festival running June 1 – 19, 2011.
- The festival will take place Wednesday – Sunday, featuring a different play each day of the week. Each week’s plays will alternate, allowing plays featured on a weeknight the first week, a weekend production the second week, and so on.
- Each director is limited to a rehearsal period of 20 hours and a budget of $20. Directors are only allowed to use stage blocks to create their set, and actors must only wear black for their costumes.
- Actors are asked to get off book, and will be given 3 weeks between the audition date and first rehearsal to memorize lines.
- The time commitment is 20 hours of rehearsal, two 4-hour tech days (or evenings) and three performances.
- Please prepare a one minute monologue (comedic or dramatic) and be prepared to read sides. Auditions will take place on a drop in basis, although scheduling a time slot is encouraged.
Plays featured in the festival will be voted on by “festival pass holders” (meaning the patrons who see all 5 plays), for one slot in the Strand’s 2011-2012 season. The play with the highest ranking / response from the audience will be included in the season.
If you have any questions about the festival and to schedule a time slot, please -email Jayme Kilburn: firstname.lastname@example.org.